Upcoming Posts:

*

Friday, April 16, 2010

Wild Bill's 2010 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 21 & 22

Happy Friday all! Welcome back to my 2010 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft. We saw a couple of defenders come off the board yesterday with Atlanta's and Houston's picks, so let's get back to it.

21.) Cincinnati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma




Gresham will come off the board right around the time that last year's #1 TE prospect, Brandon Pettigrew came off the board.

Gresham didn't get a chance to play during the 2009 because he slightly tore his right meniscus days before the start of the season.

Gresham is unquestionably the highest ranked TE in this class; he's been described as a Big WR. He's drawn comparisons to Antonio Gates and Kellen Winslow II due to his speed, agility and penchant for big plays - 25 TD's over the '07 and '08 seasons.

Cincinnati knows that they need to add some offensive weaponry for Carson Palmer. Chad OchoCinco was their only effective weapon through the air last season and he can't be expected to be the only option this year. They did add Antonio Bryant (WR) in FA this past offseason which should help.

Gresham has the ability to really stretch the field, do some damage between along the seams and create mismatches for the defense since he's too fast for LB's and too big for Safeties.

On to the Pats...

22.) New England Patriots - Sergio Kindle DE/OLB, Texas




Bill Belichek's last few drafts haven't produced the kind of gems he was used to early in the 2000's.

Belichek knows that he needs to add some quality defensive players that are smart, hard-nosed, versatile and know how to attack the passer. Kindle is a stack-and-shred linebacker which means that if he gets engaged by a blocker, he knows how to quickly disengage and get away from the blocker. This is important because if a LB is continually getting blocked and can't keep his vision on the ball-carrier or action of the game, he quickly becomes ineffective and relatively useless.

Kindle will be able to play with his hand on the ground or in space. Belichek loves the versatile-type players and Kindle has displayed these attributes throughout his collegiate career, at the combine and at his pro-day.

Now if he can just learn to drive a car normally...

I'll see you back here tomorrow as I address the picks for Green Bay and Philly.

"Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life. "



BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: